Monday, January 24, 2011

An overnighter with Nana.

On Friday, Michelle's 3 kids got to come and spend the night with Nana (Austin, Andrew, and Danielle). We had fun watching Toy Story 3 and How to Train your Dragon. The boys were really good and so was Danielle. When it was bedtime, I put Danielle in the bed I'd made her in the office, left Andrew in my bed (so I'd have a place to sleep) and Austin went in and crawled in the bed I'd made him in the living room out of a queen sized blow-up mattress. Silly me - about 20 minutes after he'd gone in to bed and I assumed he was asleep, he comes walking back into the kitchen where I was drying apples and told me he wanted to go to sleep in Nana's bed. So, off he went, crawled into my bed and fell fast asleep. Well, when it was time for me to go to bed, I realized that with 2 small boys in the bed, even a king sized one wasn't going to hold all 3 of us comfortably. So, nana settled in for a long winter's nap in the loveseat in my room so the boys would be comfortable and I could get some sleep. Danielle ended up on the loveseat sometime during the night with me and we all slept peacefully after!

It was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment